We had an amazing day out the Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup in July.
42 club members joined us for the coach journey to the National Hockey Stadium on the site of the 2012 Olympic Park in London where we put on an exhibition match. This was attended by the Development Director for hockey in the USA, the Chair of England Hockey amongst others. The video below gives a flavour of the day.
We also watched two excellent matches – Belgium v Japan and New Zealand v Australia.
Our trip and kit was part funded by Brewin Dolphin, One Sports Warehouse and Chris Bloore from Bromsgrove Council. Many thanks to you all.
Amazing news: Bromsgrove’s Walking Hockey Family, woth kotvdonated by Adidas, are putting on an exhibition match at the Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup!!
We are playing on Saturday 28 July 2018, 2.30pm-3.00pm, in the Fan Central Arena.
And just as amazingly, every spectator attending the World Cup will be given the opportunity to try Walking Hockey for themselves.
The World Cup runs from 21 July to 5 August 2018.
Hi folks, we are taking a break for summer so that we can recharge our batteries for next season.
Last session 9 July 2018, 7.00pm-8.00pm
Restart 10 September 2018 AT THE NEW TIME OF 7.30pm-8.30pm
It’s been a long time since we were able to update our site so here are a few highlights:
1. The world’s first Walking Hockey Festival was held over Easter and we won it!
2. Our next major event was when we were invited to take part in the 2018 Hockey for Heroes Operation Endure . The event, at Old Sils Hockey Club raised £1500.
3. We have also entertained visitors from Colwall Hockey Club who will be starting their own Walking Hockey group soon.
4. Our own group continues every Monday 7-8pm.
5. Our worldwide presence continues to grow at an amazing rate with 35 countries now exploring our sport.
After a long and very cold winter we finished our pre Easter session on a glorious Spring evening with 24 players in attendance.
We return on Monday 23 April 2018, 7-8pm
Click on the link below for a great video from the session last night:
Excellent team goal
This Monday we were honoured to welcome Ulster Hockey who flew over to see what Walking Hockey is all about. They very much enjoyed both playing and watching. It won’t be long before Walking Hockey is being played in Ireland.