It’s been a long time since we were able to update our site so here are a few highlights:
1. The world’s first Walking Hockey Festival was held over Easter and we won it!
2. Our next major event was when we were invited to take part in the 2018 Hockey for Heroes Operation Endure . The event, at Old Sils Hockey Club raised £1500.
3. We have also entertained visitors from Colwall Hockey Club who will be starting their own Walking Hockey group soon.
4. Our own group continues every Monday 7-8pm.
5. Our worldwide presence continues to grow at an amazing rate with 35 countries now exploring our sport.
After a long and very cold winter we finished our pre Easter session on a glorious Spring evening with 24 players in attendance.
We return on Monday 23 April 2018, 7-8pm
Click on the link below for a great video from the session last night:
Excellent team goal
This Monday we were honoured to welcome Ulster Hockey who flew over to see what Walking Hockey is all about. They very much enjoyed both playing and watching. It won’t be long before Walking Hockey is being played in Ireland.
This week we have received news that Hockey Ulster, part of Hockey Ireland, will be coming over to see us. They are really interested in Walking Hockey, Back To Hockey and how we are growing as a club.
Also, Hockey Germany are very interested indeed!
Wow! Some fantastic news arrived in our inbox on Friday 26 January 2018. The World Governing Body of hockey published an article about Walking Hockey under their Global Projects initiative.
Please click here: FIH Walking Hockey Article